Monday, May 14, 2012

Ottawa: A Retrospective

From Maggi:  After returning home from a five day trip to Ottawa and seeing the "Do You Hear the People Sing" concert three nights in a row I am still basking in the glow of hearing Eric sing in a venue and with an orchestra worthy of his talent.  He looked very handsome in his Hugo Boss tux, a fact noticed each night by the females around me in the audience when he walked onstage.  His song, the forceful "I'm Martin Guerre" from that musical and the angelic, tender, "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis were highlights for me.  Each night as he came in the lobby he was surrounded by admiring fans, young and old, male and female, hoping for an autograph and/or photo.  It's a shame this concert wasn't taped to show the world.  It was certainly as good as many things that are shown on PBS.  Now that I am home, I am grateful for the many sweet memories I have to cherish.  Thank you Eric!

Photos by Maggi Wunschl 
(To download click on the yellow icon in the left bottom corner, which will take you to my Picasa Web Album)

No comments: