Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Review of Window Pains



I had an unexpected opportunity to see Eric and Gina in Window Pains in Lake Havasu last weekend. By a stroke of luck I found myself in that part of the U.S. and was able to catch the show, which was a gala season opener for Grace Arts Live. It was a treat to see not only Eric, but see him work with his childhood friend and musical partner, Gina Deluca.

Grace Arts Theater is owned and operated by Grace Ann, longtime friend, teacher and mentor of Eric and Gina all the way back to junior high school. I'm sure she was very proud to host her proteges, who have both been a success on Broadway and across the nation, in their very own production here in Lake Havasu. The show is a very unique blend of dialogue and song in two acts. Brooke Cannon, a student of Gina, and Armando Guitterez played the younger couple in love, and Eric and Gina played the older, more seasoned couple, opening the show with three numbers from "Sunday in the Park With George". The only complaint I have is that I wanted to see and hear more. The show is available for bookings. Contact Gina via the Big City Broadway website: www.bigcitybroadway.com

No comments: