Friday, May 27, 2011

Walnut Street Miss Saigon: Day Two

The second night of theater at Walnut Street!  Instead of sitting in the back row, this time I was in the front row.  What a difference!  What impressed me was the intensity each person brought to their roles, whether lead or chorus. This night I focused more on some of the other roles.  Especially impressive was Angelica-Lee Aspiras, playing a dual role (Gigi and Assistant Commissar).  Her interpretation of "Movie in My Mind" was one of the best I've heard.  Mel Sagrado Maghuyop as Thuy stood out as well.  Walnut Street should cast him in the upcoming "King and I".  I could clearly see the faces of the ensemble, during the Morning of the Dragon number, for example, fully committed to their characterizations.  This is the type of musical that, no matter how many times I have seen it, I always pick up something new with each performance.  I look forward to another new experience tonight.  Fanclub dinner at 5:00!  What fun!


No comments: